Tuesday, January 14, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 14 - Rupert



"Rupert"
Ink on paper

I completed this today. Here is another technique that I learned at my Copic ink workshop over the weekend.  You take your original photograph, scan it into line art, and then add all the color with the brush tipped markers.  Being a painter definitely gives me advantages with this method since I am trained to pick out colors and details.  And, it doesn't hurt that there are over 300 marker colors to choose from.  This is not my photograph, rather it was a photograph that we all were given as part of the workshop. I can't wait to try this with some of my photo references from painting.  I love painting with these brush tipped markers! There are clubs that meet weekly in Japan, we learned,  that are dedicated to producing this kind of art. I wonder if people here would enjoy making this kind of art?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...