Monday, September 30, 2013

30 in 30 - Day 30 - Garlic Emerging with palette knife


"Garlic Emerging"
Oil, 6" x 6" on gesso board.
$100.00 
Click here to purchase.

2 years ago I took a workshop with two fabulous painters, one painted with bright, transparent colors and the other with a palette knife. I did great with color and I was horrible with the palette knife.  In spite of the demos I couldn't hold the knife or move the knife correctly - I had palette knife block!  Since this 30 days of painting had a lot of experiments in it, I thought I would try another emerging painting using the palette knife and I loved it!  So, Leslie Saeta, it only took two years but I now "get" the palette knife.  Thank you for this 30 Day Challenge and for your patient palette knife training long ago.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...