Tuesday, October 30, 2012


I know it has been a while but after a hiatus, I am back in time for Halloween with Portrait of a Zombie! This started out as a replication of the face of a full-body Velazquez painting but it never looked quite right.  At the time I remember joking that I should just take masterpieces and make them look like monsters since the painting, on its own, seemed to be heading that way. I stopped working on it in frustration and let it sit for a year and a half. Recently, after watching the 50th show on Halloween this month, inspiration took hold and I took out the Velazquez and decided to really make it a monster.  Working on this painting the second time around was a blast and I have to say I absolutely love it now!  I can't wait to see what comes next.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...