Monday, April 11, 2011

Fab Hair, Awesome Face


One of the most challenging things to draw is the human form. About a year ago I went to my first life-drawing workshop to see what I could do.  All of my drawings of the models looked like they were wearing pajamas -- not a good thing when the models are actually wearing nothing -- and most of them did not have faces, I could not even think about that!  Every week I would go and draw faceless pajama people and then take my drawings to my painting instructor, the fabulous Juan, and he would go over the lines of my drawings before painting class and show me where and how I could improve the lines, the forms and the shapes.  In the Fall I began studying faces and portraits in charcoal and paint and last week I went back to the life-drawing and came home with this.  Oh what a difference a year makes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...